Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Card Concept HOL19 "O Christmas Tree"


(Original picture size at bottom of post)

I'm so GLAD the holidays are over and I can get back on some semblance of a schedule! Now that things are slowing down, I can get back to my challenges. The Card Concept challenge is asking for your favorite holiday card you created or a picture of your Christmas tree. There is artistry in both. So, I'm posting a picture of my Christmas tree. 

I've created an Asian theme tree with a Japanese antique umbrella ($42 Ebay) at the top and backed with 2 old Japanese silk fans (($16 Ebay). I've used a combination of new and old ornaments. From satin Chinese women and men from the 1940's (16 ornaments for $22 and that includes shipping from etsy) to a glass Japanese temple I found at a cheapie Christmas tourist store at the Outer Banks ($8). I've used old handheld fans (one which was given to me by my Aunt when I was 8...I'm 51 now!! Picked them up here and there at thrift and antique stores...none were more than $5) at various points nestled in the tree and paper lanterns on wooden kabob sticks sticking out from the sides LOL

I found lots of butterflies to clip on the tree from Pier One. The garland is from Michaels.

I included the prices because I want you to know that if you are interested in building a theme tree (I'm starting a circus one for next year!) start now and take your time and you can do it for less money than you think! 

There's also STILL time for you to enter YOUR tree or card at the Card Concept challenge...just click on the picture below:


You've got until the 6th!


(Full-sized picture of tree)




No comments:

Post a Comment